Friday, November 4, 2016

Now to Level Off

It's been a while.  Been somewhat busy, but mostly simply not inspired to write.  Seemed like a good idea to check in before the holidays hit.

I've hit my goal weight and have now lost a little bit more.  (see my menus, etc here) That's actually not so good. I now need to stop losing weight but also not go back to eating a ton of carbs and sugar. was wayyy down on my calories yesterday.  Right on track with carbs, but low on fat and calories.  I hunted around the house and ended up eating some sun dried tomatoes, but I don't really like eating just to up my intake.  I wasn't especially hungry.

Not the worst problem to have, but still something I need to keep an eye on as the holidays kick in.

Halloween went well and the three days prior visiting Katie at school, where I ate an enormous amount of carbs and candy (relative to the past couple of months, not compared to what I was doing while I was gaining a pound a week!). I felt a bit bloated, but felt better when I got back on track at home.

Pete had a two week staycation and it was nice having him hanging around!  Now that he's back at work, I feel like I didn't see him at all.  Really we need him to take a month off so we can include winding down from work, getting some rest, getting a little trip in and some home projects.  Two weeks is not enough!

In other news, my hormones are kicking my ass.  Sweats, sleep disruption, moody.  Nice. All that and getting old too! What a deal!

One success was I checked in with my GP who is also a homeopath and got back on vitamin B.  That should help with the mood stabilization and the 3pm blahs I've been getting.  When I went to see her, I was on day three of a headache and possible virus.  She suggested I see the chiropractor in the office and was able to fit me in right then.  My neck had been hurting for about a month and no amount of anti-inflammatory or massage seemed to be helping so I was thinking it was maybe time to consider chiropractic.  Sure enough, he cracked my neck in three places and I left headache free.  A little sore, but nothing I couldn't sleep through and it was mostly gone by the next day. Miracle!  I will definitely use him again.

Zack had his first interview.  They had him work several hours and then decided it wasn't a good fit.  He was very disappointed. That first job hunt is so hard. Hope he lands something soon.

He and I are both fighting off some virus going around.  Not sure if we picked it up in Katie's dorm or from friends around here.  It's running around both places.  I'm hoping to stave off the worst, entirely if I can, but at least through Sunday.  We have a busy weekend including my first time doing a demo for someone else's Tupperware party.  This is where I see if I can make a go of this thing, so send me some good vibes!

The trees are turning and maybe the weather is going to stay fall like?  It was crazy hot this week (or was that just me?!).  It's unnerving to have it so hot in November, but I may as well enjoy the outdoors before we wreck the whole planet.

A recent visitor to the yard.


















Tuesday is the election, and I can't wait for it to all be over.  Once again, I will go to bed at a decent hour, remembering that my watching or not watching the exit polls doesn't actually affect the outcome! Hope to wake to a peaceful day regardless of how it all goes. Or at least sunny mild weather, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment